Today was one of those days. Yes, I still had to deal with the same about of BS at work as usual. And, yes, I am developing an unsightly blemish just in time for social hour at Ray's NASBO conference. But, I'm over the dumb asses at work, and the zit will go away (given copious amounts of Sea Breeze).
Three good things happened today. First, I rode T.S. to work today for the first time! Man was it scary! I mean I still cannot get over how frightening this whole wind velocity thing is. It was all I could do to steel my nerve to keep the bike going 55 mph! It's strange - I go down Nicholson (Hwy 30) at up to 80 mph all the time (okay, I don't do it that often, so don't go reporting me or anything). But, when I got to the "Speed Zone Ahead" sign, I was thinking, "Thank you, God!" Anyway, I made it with no problems. Yes, Ray was escorting me, of course. And everyone at work said how beautiful T.S. is. I did have a little trepidation when it came time to go home this afternoon, because there was this HUGE black cloud covering the sky, and the wind was gusting a bit. I made it home with just a few drops hitting me, and I even managed to get the bike up to 60 mph for a brief moment.
The second good thing today was that they poured the concrete for the swimming pool deck. And I have to say, it looks pretty good. You know (due to my OCD) my thing for symmetry. And the way the deck came out pretty well feeds this need. Supposedly, it will set enough in a few days that they can come back and set up the equipment and finish the plaster. At that point, it's time to start filling it up. Wow - this has happened so fast. We just started on June 21st.
The third good thing was that I was able to leave work today with the knowledge that I don't have to go back for over a week-yipee!! And the cool thing is, that this is one of the first times that I actually feel good about leaving. I mean, I know that there will be a ton of junk piling up while I'm gone. And I know that when I get back, I'll only have a week to get my office packed up and ready to move to our new building. And I know that when I get back, I'll only have a week to catch up before I have to turn around and leave again for another week (my conference in Nashville this time). But, I'm just letting that stuff roll right off me.
So, I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow to get us ready for our road trip to Kentucky (with that very important pit stop in Memphis). Plus, I have to go back to the freakazoid Podiatrist in the morning. That may put a frown on my day. But, it's my money, so if he ticks me off, I think I'll just not go back anymore. So there.
Pics of the pool and possible Podiatrist posting tomorrow.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy for you and T.S.! And I'm so happy you started a blog - it's fun to keep up with what's going on. It's Marg's turn next! We need to see pictures of the puppies!
P.S. Keep a journal with you on your trip so you can fill us in when you get back.
Post a Comment