we ate a great dinner, which included oven fried chicken (tasted just like the Colonel's Original Recipe - yum), got to hear a Bluegrass Band, and were treated to the "Parade of Breeds".
In this demonstration, we got to see 6 or 7 different, and some very rare, breeds of horses. The biggest one they showed was a Trakehner, which is generally 16 - 17 hands (I'm such a horse person now). Ok, for those of you who aren't as knowledgeable as me, that's a little under 6 feet at the withers (tallest point of the back). This particular horse was 18 hands, which is exactly 6 feet at the withers. Man, that thing was huge! After the parade, they brought the horses to the fence of the corral, and we got to get a close-up look.
As Ternisa and I stood next to the Trakehner to have our picture taken, I said, "I sure hope this thing doesn't kick me!" The next thing I knew, I was slapped in the face by it's tail - and it stung! Etta was taking our picture, and she snapped it just as the tail started coming around. Needless to say, I didn't go visit any of the other breeds up close and personal.
Ternisa and I each took home a nice souvenir from the dinner, and then Ternisa won an identical souvenir the next day. A matching set!

2 comments:
It's official - I'm REALLY jealous now!
Does this bring back memories of "Maflica"? (Sorry, bloggers, this is a family joke!)
Post a Comment