Saturday, October 27, 2007

Back on the Grid

Well, it's been six weeks of working 7 days a week (with 2 days off for my birthday), but it's finally over - for now. I got to sleep until after 8:00 this morning, AND take a 3 plus hour nap today - sweet. Not that work is going to be super slow, but hopefully it can be managed with just a few hours late here and there until things pick up again in January.

And it's good timing, as I've got some stuff coming up. Lauren's 2nd birthday is next weekend, and Margaret will (hopefully) be coming in for her birthday in three weeks. Then Thanksgiving, followed by the Tara High School Class of 1987 20th reunion. Although the status of that is questionable, I'm hoping to have a gathering of about 20 or so fellow graduates over here on the Saturday following Turkey Day - with or without the official event taking place.

But the fun doesn't stop there, folks! Beth is coming into town in mid-December and four of us are going to drive to Houston to see Third Day and Jars of Clay in concert. And then Christmas. And thanks to Governor Blanco, we'll be off two days each for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I always did like that lady.

OK, now that I've bored everyone with my schedule through the end of the year, I'll go see about catching up on all of the housekeeping that's been lacking for the past six weeks. Yikes!

2 comments:

The Jackson 4 said...

Whoot!!

I may come to Baton Rouge the weekend before Thanksgiving, too. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Tuxedo, check.
Floral accessories, check.

Let's do this! THS rocks the house!