Well, sort of. I put up the tree, stockings, nativity, wreaths, and a few other things here and there. Definitely don't have the florist coming out to deck the halls in garland like several of the neighbors do. If it weren't for the artificial tree we got last year, I probably wouldn't even be putting up Christmas decorations.
Still have lots of shopping to do - although I don't really shop for many folks. I've got Dad, Sylvia and Mom squared away. 1 Sibling down, and stuff for Lauren. Ray and I are talking about buying exercise equipment for our joint gift to each other. We'll see. So that only leaves about 6 or 7 things that I need to get. Not too bad, I guess.
Here's the tree. I had to move it from the Keeping Room this year, since we have the chairs and Plasma in there now. I think it actually looks much better in the Living Room - especially at night, since you can see it from the front door and the back yard. You make the call.
Fake Trees Rule!
Nativity Set from Childhood (as proven by the holes meticulously punched in the bottom of each of the Paper Mache figures) with "Story of the Nativity" cross (gift from Louis and Charlotte)

3 comments:
I think it looks awesome!! I can't wait to see it!!
Florist didn't come by with garland, but gentleman caller did come bearing flowers.
You folks have a lovely home, simply beautiful.
Everytime I go to a house that children don't live in I get completely jeaulous.
And when I go to a house where kids do live, I get a little jealous. Not completely jealous, but just a tad jealous. (And, unless there's Lortab involved, I'm usually ready to leave within a few hours!)
Thanks for the flowers - they still looked good tonight.
Post a Comment