Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yep - that's me - 39 years ago. Apparently, I felt that the delivery room nurse didn't sufficiently clean out my nasal cavity, and photography being what it was back then, retakes by "Nursery Identi-Foto" weren't an option!

Some interesting notes from my baby book:

Mother said: "I'm glad it's another girl."
Father said: "Good." (Good that I was a girl or that my mother was glad? Or maybe the Cowboys had just scored a touchdown. Who knows!)

Shape of Head: "Just perfect" (sorry, Margaret)

Character: "very loud and strong" - who me?
Position: "Normal - only 3 hours of labor"
OK, the reason these two things are funny, is because they are under a heading called "Birthmarks" - as in, what is the character and position of any birthmarks? Mom got that one kind of confused, I think!

And then, being the second child that I was, it doesn't go much beyond that. Oh, well, those are the breaks, I guess.

But today, I had a pretty good day. I took off from work and went for my semi-annual dentist check-up, got my motorcycle inspection sticker renewed, saw Dad and sat with him while he ate lunch, ate a late lunch with Ray at Monjuni's (WAY off the diet, but delicious!), had some alone time with Ray this afternoon, and then swam a mile. I spoke to all 3 of my siblings and my Dad (and talked to Mom yesterday afternoon), and got an email from Brittany and Lauren, and one from Sylvia. And a special birthday posting from Beth on her blog, and a follow-up phone call. Best of all, I got a surprise phone call from Lauren saying "Happy Birthday, Aunt Susan." Precious!

Yesterday at work, I was pleasantly surprise by a beautiful fall arrangement of cut flowers from Mom. I can't get over how pretty they are. I'm not sure if the pictures can do them justice.

One other note of interest from my baby book: First Bank Account: "Plano Bank and Trust - savings". I WILL be calling Mom first thing tomorrow to check on that. I wonder how much 39 years of accrued interest amounts to???


No comments: