Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Thirty-three years ago today my dad took the plunge again with Wife #2. He and Sylvia were married at Broadmoor Methodist Church (neither one of them being Methodist, of course!) and then they were off to Jamaica for what was, I'm sure, a romantic honeymoon (although I get ooged out if I think about that too much).
Once they returned stateside, they moved into a 2 bedroom, 2 story apartment in Dallas, then into a house in Dallas, and finally (in '76) moved to Baton Rouge. I'm sure all was blissfully happy for the young couple and their German Sheppard, Heidi. Five (not so) short years later, the "#1 Son" was born, and all was going swimmingly. Until...
October of '81 when the 2 stepdaughters (that would be me and Margaret) descended upon Baton Rouge and life was turned a little bit upside down for everyone. It was touch and go there sometimes, but things picked up a bit when "Baby Girl" was born in '86 (of course none of us had ANY idea what a little toot she was going to be!!!).
Now, here we are, all mostly grown up (the little toot is graduating from LSU in May), and mostly pretty darn happy.

So, thanks, Dad and Sylvia for choosing each other all those many years ago. And thanks for putting up with each other and with us! I love you guys!

Now, Dad, GO CLEAN UP THAT ROOM!!!

August 24, 2007

No comments: