Thursday, October 12, 2006

Quick Update

OK, I know it's horrible that I haven't updated the blog in over 2 weeks. However, I do take solice in the fact that Beth hasn't posted an update in 6 days...and counting... I just don't have anything going on right now that is worthy of taking up your time, or mine.

However, as an update to the last posting, I did get the problem with the permit section of DPW worked out, and Entergy is finally supposed to come out some time today to switch out the gas meter. It's been on the chilly side for the last few days, but I have been trying to swim anyway. I swam Sunday, Monday, and yesterday (Wednesday). Sunday it was sunny, so I waited as long as I could, and I think the water got up to about 84°. Not too terrible, but when the wind would blow, it was edging towards unpleasantness. Monday and yesterday, it was 80° or 81°. That's really cold. I mean, it sounds nice as far as weather is concerned, but think about plunging your 98.6° body into water that is almost 20° cooler - yikes! The first few minutes are the worst, and then it's OK as I get a few laps under my belt. So, hopefully things will go smoothly with the meter upgrade. Then I just have to get the pool guys out one last time to make sure everything is working correctly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've been putting in a lot of miles on T.S. In fact, I bring him in for the 1,000 mile service tomorrow. Gosh, it seems like only a few months ago that we were just starting out together. I guess that's because it was... This past Friday I did have a milestone event with T.S. I got on the big bad Interstate!!! I was running errands around Corporate, and decide to meet Ray for lunch. So, I balled up all my nerve and got on I-10 at College. The lead up to getting on felt very much like when you get on a roller coaster and you're building up to the first big drop. Luckily for me, I was able to wiz through all of the lights at Corporate and College, so I didn't have time to sit and think about it. Traffic was fairly light, and since I'm now used to going 60 mph (and occassionally more), it was really pretty anti-climatic. We're only talking about 5 or 6 miles, so I wouldn't consider myself an experienced interstate cyclist, but I had to start somewhere. I did it again Tuesday after I went to the dentist (named Levy, not Crentist). Same route as before. The thing that I noticed the most was the roughness of the trip. That section is almost 100% elevated, so I felt every single metal expansion joint!

I guess the only other happening for me is that I worked and worked and worked, and finally convinced Ray to go to Vegas in November.







I'm super excited about the trip. I've never been, so that'll be cool, plus I'll be getting to spend quality time with the Jacksons. Right now, I've booked us into Bally's Las Vegas. It's right on the Strip across from Bellagio (which was booked - but you know I tried there first!!!), and I finally decided on it because of the package deal I got. Ray and I want to see the Jubilee, which is a traditional (semi-topless) Las Vegas revue.


The Jubilee is at Bally's so I was able to get the package which basically included free tickets to the show. Beth has booked a room one night, and the three of us have tickets to go see "Zumanity," which is the '18 and over' Cirque de Soleil show. It's supposed to be hot and steamy.


I'm mainly excited because no kids are allowed in either show - I'm such a mean old lady! Anyway, we are hoping to eat dinner with the Jacksons one night, get the Hoover Dam tour from Rick, and then spend time with them all on the last day before we fly out at 7:00pm. So, there's going to be a lot going on during our 4 days there, but I'm psyched!

Oh yeah, and I had another birthday, so I'm 38 now. Barf! If you haven't seen it, you need to check out the link on my blog for "Beth's Blog" so that you can see the birthday message she sent me.

1 comment:

The Jackson 4 said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited about you coming here that I have a countdown on outlook so I can check the number of days left! Even though the trip will be short, I'm sure it will be memorable. Can't wait!!