Friday, August 04, 2006

Ready for Home

It's 12:15 am here in Nashville, and I'm ready to get home. The conference dinner and dancing ended at midnight, but I bailed about 11:30 to get online so that I could print our boarding passes and check e-mail. As usual, there were some 'kids' in here, taking up the computer space, but I managed to get on one that looked like it was having technical difficulties. Being the adult that I am, I went and asked the Front Desk how to fix it. It's nice having the confidence of a grown-up sometimes (not that I have it all of the time - not that evolved yet).
Anyway, I guess I'll go upstairs and try to pack a little bit, as Ray is still partying. The Hospitality Suite will be open until 1:00, so I told him that's his curfew. We'll see if he abides by it. Doubtful.
As much as I'm ready to get home, I certainly don't want to get back to work! We moved into our new building while I've been here, so I have boxes to unpack, as well as requests and problems that have been building up over the past week. Oh well, this, too, shall pass.
Guess I'll go pack and check on T.S. Chris on The Weather Channel. For those of you not in Louisiana, please say a prayer that Chris doesn't head our way.
Oh yeah, not much exciting to report from Nashville, other than I am now calling Ray and I the 'Alpha and Omega of Door Prizes.' I won the very first door prize given out - a digital camera and a memory card! It's probably not any nicer than the one I have (still only 4MB pictures), but it's small, takes decent pictures, and I'm giving it to Ray since he has never gone digital. This was a door prize drawn from names of people who registered early, and was sponsored by the organization. Ray won the very last prize of the conference, an American Express prepaid gift card for $100. Pretty cool, huh? We rock!
Later ----

No comments: