T.S. had to go in for a bit of maintenance this week. There is a heat shield recall that is applicable to that model, so I took him in to get all fixed up. Also, the last time I took him in (June), I asked them to check out a couple of things and possibly adjust the idle. It seemed to be idling very low after riding and then stopping for traffic lights. Then, when it was time to take off, the throttle would kind of hesitate and "stumble". I really had to give it the gas to keep it from killing. They supposedly adjusted the idle in June, but it's still having the same problem. So when I took it in this time, I left it running (barely) and then hijacked a mechanic on his way back from a donut run. He wasn't thrilled, but he agreed that it was idling low and he's the one who used the phrase "stumble". He said the throttle cables seemed loose, as well. So I told all that to the guy who checked me in, and hopefully they'll get it right this time.
If not - anybody interested in purchasing a year old bike???? Well, I have a few other options. A guy at work who owns a couple of motorcycles, and works on his, told me to ride it to work and he'd check it out for me. Also, I have a few old friends from high school who are pretty mechanically inclined (hint, hint).
Say a prayer for T.S. - I know he's nervous being away from home.

2 comments:
I'm sure that the HD shop will get you fixed up eventually. If it is still under warranty sometimes you don't get the best service when that is the exact time that you should be treated like a king (or queen in your case) I still like to do as much of my own work as possible on my vehicles that way I know that it is done right. If they don't get it running correctly I'll trade you for my 92 Yamaha.
I'll trade you a 1996 Toyota Avalon with major windshield damage.
Post a Comment